Brett Blows received a Bachelor of Applied Science in Physiotherapy from the University of Sydney in 1992 graduating with distinction. After working in Chicago until 2000 in the areas of sports medicine, orthopaedics and neurology Brett returned to Sydney to private practice in Sydney’s eastern suburbs for a period ten years before opening Erko Physio in 2009.
Brett has worked with various populations including performance artists, students of ballet and dance, triathletes competing in the Busselton iron man, sporting weekend warriors of soccer, netball and yoga persuasions.
Brett’s special interests include the treatment of all types of shoulder injury, neck pain, headache and migraine, and low back, pelvic and hip pain. Brett has undertaken extensive continuing education with some of Australia’s leading specialist physiotherapists in these areas.
Brett is member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association and Sports Physiotherapy Association.
Brett’s Continuing Education
- Treatment of Lumber spine and Pelvis – Level 1, Advanced Manual Therapy Associates, Dr Barbara Hungerford
- Treatment of Lumber spine and Pelvis – Level 2, Advanced Manual Therapy Associates, Dr Barbara Hungerford
- Treatment of the cervical spine, thoracic spine and thoracic cage: Application of articular and muscle energy techniques, Advanced Manual Therapy Associates, Dr Barbara Hungerford
- 3D Assessment of the cervical spine, thoracic spine and ribs. Trish Wisby Roth
- 3D Assessment and treatment of the Pelvic Complex and Lumber Spine (Part A), Trish Wisby Roth
- Hip Differential Diagnosis and Prescriptive Exercise – Trish Wisby Roth
- Optimising Biomechanics of Running
- Rehabilitation following Hip Arthroscopy
- Watson Headache Institute Level 1 Foundations for assessment and treatment of cervicogenic headache and migraine.
- Watson Headache Institute Level 2 Consolidation of assessment and treatment of cervicogenic headache and migraine.
- Australian Physiotherapy Association Sports Level 1
- Australian Physiotherapy Association Sports Level 2
- Mulligan Concept – Upper Quadrant, Manual Concepts
- Lyn Watson Level 1 Shoulder Physiotherapy
- Lyn Watson Level 2 Shoulder Physiotherapy
Online Bookings with Brett are not available. Please call our clinic to make an appointment with Brett.